Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why Plain Can't Win in 2012

I don't believe Sarah Palin is going to run in 2012- I think she would much rather tease us with the possibility that she might run, because she realizes her stock will fall when she is out of the picture as the GOP's candidate in 2012. I think she really likes the boatloads of cash that she's making, and doesn't want the responsibility that comes with actually being a candidate for public office. Should she run, I think the GOP voters are probably smart enough to know that her unfavorable ratings are too high to win a general election. However, I hope this is not the case- if she does run, I will sure as shit donate to her primary campaign, because should she run for president, and make it to the general election, she will fall flat on her face. And were this to happen, I don't think near as many people would give a shit what she has to say anymore- nobody was lining up to interview Dole after '96. But more importantly, Americans like presidential candidates that give them hope for a better future. Palin has had little to offer besides negativity and proclaiming herself the victim all the time.

Today being the 50th anniversary of JFK's inauguration has made me think that she would do well to listen to his famous advice to "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." Even after the Tucson tragedy, Palin made herself out to be the victim. People had just gotten fucking murdered and SHE was the victim. Jon Stewart sums up the bullshit of this better than I can.

This article about America growing weary of Palin gives me hope that she'll go away soon.


Watching this, quite possibly the best summary of American aspirations that I've heard, shows the stark difference between a successful presidential candidate & Sarah Palin:

No comments: