Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why I Think McCain's an Asshole, Episode II: The Bullshit Menace

Today, McCain temporarily suspended his campaign so he can go back to Washington to deal with Congress's bailout package, and he's pushing for Friday's debate in Oxford, Mississippi, to be suspended. If I believed him, it would be a good thing to do; if I believed hi and if I really believed his presence in D.C. would help out with the debate on the bailout package.

I think he's full of shit.

First of all, with the bitter, divisive, mudslinging campaign he's run, I don't see how the hell having him on Capitol Hill is going to help bipartisan work on a bailout package.

Furthermore, McCain has always been, as he has called himelf the "de-regulator" and against big government. Now he's wanting to go back to Washington to work on the bailout package. Either he was completely full of shit then, or he's full of shit now- I've got my money on all of the above.

Obama has made a statement, saying that the president will have to multi-task, and I definitely agree with him on this one. I mean, if McCain really wanted to adjust the debate based on the bailout legislation, they could, you know, move the fucking debate to Washington. The damn thing doesn't start until 9:00 PM Eastern Time, and I really doubt Congress will be in session at 9 at night. Hell, I'm suprised McCain is still awake at that fucking hour.

I really think this is a political stunt. He has done nothing but run a campaign based on partisan divisions. Now he's slipping in the polls, losing in a almost every battleground state (and several red states are too close for McCain's comfort), his campaign has lost momentum, and I think people have become tired of his excessively negative campaign, many of its ads being based on nothing even resembling the truth. What do you do when the negative mudslinging strategy has stopped working? You act like you're fucking St. John, the guy who's so honorable he would never launch a partisan attack.

I guess keeping Sarah Palin locked up tighter than a violent criminal in a mental hospital got too boring.

No comments: